Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time

Time is wasting,
Time is walking
You ain’t no friend of mine
I don’t know where I’m goin’
I think I'm out of my mind,
Thinking about Time...-Hootie and the Blowfish


This song has been running over and over in my head for about a month now. Why? Because it perfectly describes my late summer. Where the heck did my time go? Where did summer go? It seems that I blinked and all of the sudden we're in Fall. We're in mid-September! WHAT?!! Manny needs yet another haircut, Adrian will be ONE at the end of this month. My baby!! I can't seem to keep up with time.

How's the garden growing? I'm glad you asked. Well, this is how I'll describe my garden. It's not very attractive at the moment, but it's functional. We had plenty of cucumbers, green beans, hot peppers, tomatoes, and now the pumpkin is thriving. It seems that right before labor day the garden got away from me and I was unable to really tend to it. The weeds came back a-plenty and I could've watered the plants a bit more, given them a bit more food, mulched a little more, pinched a little more...you get the idea. Plants that did really well: Cucumbers, Sweet Peas, Green Beans, Cherry Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Cayenne Peppers, Banana Peppers, Strawberries, Rhubarb, Mint, Cuban Oregano, Thyme. Plants that did Ok: Brandywine Tomatoes, Chives, Lavendar, Raspberries and Pumpkin (doing much better now!) Plants that did not fare well: Watermelon, Sweet Bell Peppers.

Speaking of time going by, I just can't get over how busy we got with the boys this mid-summer. I love it, though! I actually had a quasi-panick attack thinking of how trapped we'll be in the winter, and how much of a hassle it is to get dressed just to go outside for 10 minutes before you freeze your tushie off. Ah well. No sense getting worked up over it now. ;-)

This time instead of posting pictures of my garden, here are a couple of pictures of a small sample of our harvest, and a cake I made with ingredients from my herb garden. I wish I could've shared these with you.

























1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow...that is amazing..my hubby promised me a garden this year and did not come through...What can you do? That is so cool, and you're such a great writer.