Friday, July 18, 2008

Beetles 1 - Jacquie 0

There is a battle occurring in my garden. And yet I feel like Ghandi in the middle of a minefield. Yes, it is our choice to grow things organically. I remember that. I could go in there and battle those dang Japanese Beetles and Squash bugs with tons of powder, sprays and chemical warfare. But...but...but...what about the children? I would hate for my kids to not be able to touch the leaves, eat the fruit, walk barefoot on the grass because I've just killed everything so that my garden will look better. The Japanese beetles are all over everything. My sweet peas, my grape leaves, my raspberry leaves, the pole beans...even my tomatoes!!! They are in the hundreds all over...EWWWWW. I tried a hot pepper remedy...I think they like it spicy. Well I can't blame them, I like it spicy too. ;-) I don't know, I know there are organic sprays, and perhaps I'll have to use that next time. Because they are winning. They've left my grapes a skeletal mess and are hungry for more.

If you have any ideas please email. Seriously...you have three days or I'm turning to the dark side and buying Real Kill. Other than that, things are growing very nicely!


Japanese Beetles eating my green bean leaves

No comments: